Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes :
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 flax “egg” (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water, set aside for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
- 1 (150g) Double Crème cashew cheese, softened.
- ¼ cup vegan butter or vegetable shortening.
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together sugars, flax “egg”, canned pumpkin, oil and vinegar. In 2 or 3 batches, add wet ingredients to dry. Mix until smooth. Fill each cupcake tin 2/3 full with cake batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.