*You can buy it frozen in store or follow your family recipe*
- 100g Sugar
- 100g Almond powder
- 100g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp of rum extract or other flavouring (optional)
- 50g Custard to make the “real” frangipane (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and keep the puff pastry in the fridge.
- Work the butter at room temperature with a spatula until smooth and soft. Add sugar and mix.
- Add the first egg. Mix and add a second egg. Whisk until smooth. Do not beat too long to avoid splitting the butter.
- Add rum or flavouring of choice. Add almond powder. Mix and chill.
- Lay out a puff pastry circle, take out the almond cream and place it on top, leaving 2 cm of pastry all around, to be slightly moistened with a brush and water.
- Place the bean (or ceramic decoration) and cover with the second, slightly larger disk of puff pastry, sealing the edges by pressing all around. Eggwash the the top of the galette with an egg beaten with a little salt.
- Place the galette in the fridge for 30 minutes, take it out and draw your patterns with a sharp knife or blade without piercing the dough. Eggwash a second time.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for an average of 40 minutes, a little more if the galette is large or if the puff pastry is homemade.